The Real Estate Authority or REA requires every person who holds a current real estate certificate or license to attend ongoing learning every year to remain current in knowledge and skill that ultimately provides consumer protection and a consistently high standard of service for the buying, selling and leasing public.
We develop verifiable and non-verifiable learning each year
We deliver our content online and partner with REINZ for classroom delivery
We assess your work and provide student help and update your training attendance records online
We report your results to the REA on your behalf
- Register via HarcourtsOne to complete all 10 hours of Verifiable CPD online
- 1. Register via H1 2. Start 2020 Online CPD Course
The Real Estate Authority (REA) requires every person who holds a current real estate certificate or license to attend ongoing learning every year to remain current in knowledge and skill that ultimately provides consumer protection and a consistently high standard of service for the buying, selling and leasing public.
The REA recognises that continuing professional development is necessary to:
- raise and maintain industry standards
- promote consumer confidence in the real estate industry
The REA has therefore designed a continuing professional development program to improve licensees’ knowledge of the law, rules and regulations that govern the industry, to understand and uphold the concepts of ethics and professional competence in a real estate context, and to improve their skills and judgement.
Licensees must complete 20 hours of continuing professional development each year:
- 10 hours Verifiable professional development covering industry content and assessment specified by the REA.
- 10 hours Non-Verifiable professional development covering general real estate knowledge and skills used in the field.
Note that 20 hours of continuing professional development the Authority requires all licensees to complete is a minimum, not a maximum.
Harcourts can provide all 20 hours
- 10 Hours
- Academy Online Workshops
- 10 Hours
- REINZ Classroom Workshops
- 10 Hours
- Harcourts classroom workshops
(or other provider's online workshops e.g. REINZ)
Verifiable content for 2020
Under the new continuing professional development (CPD) programme, licensees must complete 4 hours of mandatory topics and 6 hours of elective topics.
The 4 hours of mandatory topics for 2020 are:
- Ethics (2 hours)
- Buyer Experience (2 hours)
There is a choice of elective topics. Choose your 6 Elective hours from the the available topics:
Elective Block A
- AML Due Diligence (1 ½ hours)
- Legal Ownership and Tenure (2 ½ hours)
- Understanding Agency Law (1 hour)
- Understanding Key Concepts (1 hour)
Elective Block B
- Conjunctional Sales (1 ½ hours)
- Council Compliance (1 ½ hours)
- Issues Beyond the Boundary (1 ½ hours)
- Pre-Listing: Agency Law and Professional Competence (1 ½ hours)
How to Get Started
Online workshops: Register and complete your Verifiable Continuing Professional Development online
The Support Behind You
- Contact your local Academy trainer for information, assistance and advice (Northern and Central, Wellington, South Island
- Use the Academy helpdesk during self-paced learning online
- Go to HarcourtsOne > Search Directory > (your name) > Training Attended to access your classroom training attendance - records (Please note that your verifiable online CPD records are updated nightly)
- All verifiable training records will be sent to the REA by Harcourts on your behalf